Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 29 - Medals


Some medals I won a few years ago at a state championships. (Pistol shooting - centre fire ladies match if you're curious.) I learnt a huge amount from pistol shooting, it involves discipline plus mental repetitions - the only way to get any good at it is to practice. Much the same as photography really, the more you shoot ;-) the more you develop and grow. A nice story goes with these medals, I went along to a workshop before the state finals were on, the coach there pulled me out of about 120 people and gave me such an encouraging pep talk. I'd happened to shoot a perfect score in almost dark conditions - it was because of that I entered and won.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a wonderful result and a great shot of your special medals. Very nicely done! And I love the shallow DOF and shiny glinting bits. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the "lensbaby" look of this. The sharp bits are very sharp and the little sparklies really add to the photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So there's more to you than meetis the eye! WELL DONE! I like the way you've composed this one - so that we only get to see a small part of the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a sharp shooter? Wow, I'm impressed :) Congrats on winning those medals! I like the coppery sheen of this one and cool outline of the pistol.

    ReplyDelete